Floréac - Green Plants Distribution
Floréac was moving to a new distribution centre (2006) and used this situation to make an important growth in efficiency. The internal transport, order handling and workflow was reviewed.
A transport automation was introduced which was driven by SAP processes.
The complex reality with cross docking and value added services in the warehouse requested the development of special processes.
Summary of achievements :
- The design of all process flows.
- Large cross-docking operation involving several value added services in the move from receiving to shipping.
- Use and interface to an automated transportation system using a ground chain system (similar to a cable car).
- Optimisation of the routes to be followed through the use of heuristic algorithms.
- Optimisation of order picking.